Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Well Spoken Word


Ever notice how one simple comment can bungle your whole day? Getting out of the subway and someone behind you screams "Move it!" and you're already late and you think Woah...this is NOT going to be a good day. Well today I received a text from my dear friend Effie Edwards that simply said "Hi Kate. Thinking of you". Simple enough. Made me smile. And got me thinking. Words make a difference. Talk isn't ALWAYS cheap. A well spoken word goes a long way. So if you are wondering Why is she writing a blog? Who cares? Here's the answer: Words have power. Thoughts are powerful but written words even more so. Hope to blog about mostly good things and good people. If anyone reads it, that's great. If not, I will be silently honoring, savoring, and deeply appreciating the things I find interesting and love about this world.

"On the fairway of life, you better stop and smell the flowers because you only get to play one round." - Ben Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Every morning I anchor the news on WCBS in New York from 5-7am. My job allows me to meet some of the most fascinating people in the world. My natural curiosity allows me to wonder what makes them tick. Here are some musings on my favorite people places and things...as well as random comments on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.